The Marine Helicopter Squadron 1, also known as HMX-1 or the Nighthawks, is a United States Marine Corps helicopter unit.
Before Area 7Edit
Following the Wilkes Ice Station incident, Schofield, Mother and Gant were reassigned to the Presidential Detail, stationed on Marine One, in order to keep them out of the public's eye since Schofield was still popular from the ICG / Wilkes situation.
- Colonel Michael "Gunman" Grier (Marine-1 pilot)
- Lieutenant Colonel Michelle Dallas (Marine-1 co-pilot)
- Colonel Rodney "Hot Rod / Ramrod" Hagerty (White House Liason Officer)
- Captain Shane "Scarecrow" Schofield
- Gunnery Sergeant Gena "Mother" Newman
- Staff-Sergeant Elizabeth "Fox" Gant
- Sergeant Buck "Book II" Riley Jr.
- Corporal Gus "Brainiac" Gorman
- Sergeant Wendall "Elvis" Haynes
- Lieutenant Corbin "Colt" Hendricks
- Sergeant Ashley "Love Machine" Lewicky
- Captain Tom "Calvin" Reeves
HMX-1 is responsible for the aerial transportation of the President of the United States, the Vice President, and other VIPs when Air Force One is not needed or unavailable.
- Sikorsky VH-60N helicopter - HMX-1 / Marine 1 / Nighthawk One
- CH-53E Super Stallions - Nighthawk Two & Nighthawk Three
- M9 pistols
- Beretta pistols
- M16 assault rifles